Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Labels....

Ok, so I am a vegetarian – not vegan – since I love dairy (particularly ice cream) and brownies, cake, pastries but I don’t eat meat.

Now I have a colleague who claims to be vegetarian and is very picky – or appears to be – sometimes going to the extent of preparing her own meals if we have catered lunch meetings. I totally understand that especially those with food allergies, pro-animal rights or whatever reason chosen to live the vegetarian lifestyle. HOWEVER, what I have an issue with is the fact that she calls herself vegetarian, but eats turkey EVERY Thanksgiving Day!!!!

I understand that it may only be once a year but the fact that you deliberately eat turkey on that day and then for the week to follow, you are not truly a vegetarian, and shouldn’t use that label. However, I am sure there are others who would say that there are some vegetarians who may not eat meat but indulge in the delicacies of fish – pescetarian – but the semi-vegetarian (my label for her) is what she is, if she should even be consider being called a vegetarian at all.

Oh well…like I said, I have an opinion on lots of things…that is just one example….

But if you have a great vegetarian – no meat/fish ingredients please – recipes, please feel free to share…and if you like what you see here, please follow me…I would love to meet you!

Thruthebirdseye
Yellow Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment